Nature intrigues me. I’m inspired by its patterns, colors, textures and geometry, and strive to interpret this organic richness in my jewelry. Not fully contemporary or traditional, I mix a variety of raw materials with precious metals to create three-dimensional pieces. Fire, acid, saws, files, and hammers are some of my tools for constructing my “wearable art”. Jewelry making courses at the Arkansas Arts Center, and my love and study of some of the great jewelry designers of the 1950’s shape my craft.
Whimsical, Unusual, Unexpected and Funky describe my style.
I believe, as I’ve heard said, ”In today’s world, people don’t buy jewelry to dust it
off occasionally, they wear it out and around, and enjoy it everyday”.
Shows and exhibitions of my work include:
- Juried Show Spring 2009, Arkansas Arts Center
- Collage Gallery – Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Gallery 26 – Little Rock
- Stephanos -Little Rock
- That French Salon – Little Rock
- Beyond Cotton – Little Rock
- Cantrell Gallery - Little Rock
- Red Door Gallery – North Little Rock
- LOLA – Fayetteville
- Local Colour Gallery – Little Rock